Friday, February 22, 2008

In Honor of Ice Storms

It's beautiful out today, even if it is cold and bad driving weather. The ice storm from yesterday afternoon and evening coated all the trees with ice and icicles, and everything looks like it's been frosted over. I hate cold, but the way it looks outside right now almost makes me change my mind.

At any rate, I was reading in my devotions this morning, and came across this Psalm, and I thought it particularly appropriate, and therefore I am posting it here.

How great is our God!

Psalm 147:12-20 (also, the whole rest of the Psalm is amazing.. :))
Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion!
For He has strengthened the bars of your gates; He has blessed your sons within you.
He makes peace in your borders; He satisfies you with the finest of the wheat.
He sends forth His command to the earth; His word runs very swiftly.
He gives snow like wool; He scatters frost like ashes.
He casts forth His ice as fragments; Who can stand before His cold?
He sends forth His word and melts them; He causes His winds to blow and the waters to flow.
He declares His words to Jacob, His statutes and ordinances to Israel.
He has not dealt thus with any nation; And as for His ordinances, they have not known them.
Praise the Lord!

No comments: